I've been roped into appearing on live breakfast tv on monday morning to talk about International Apple Day (yeah, me too) and English tea drinking habits. Not that I know of any tea drinking habits, in fact, ask me if you put the milk in first or second and I'm already struggling. My only experiences of tea drinking is having to make the tea in the office and being told I made it too weak. Fine china, cucumber sandwiches and cake is what I'm relying on getting me through 7 whole bloody minutes. I tried valiantly to get out of this, even desparately asking random people in the city (read this as asking people in my department at work) if they knew any other British people, but no luck, so the organiser sent me the list of questions and I will make a few emergency calls this evening to the old folk and see what snippets they can give me.
It's bad enough that I find anything like this very high up the scale of humiliation, but worse still is that my voice on tape is not particularly silky smooth. It sounds like a scratchy, croaky frog being squeezed not too gently. This is going to be horrible. And, how am I supposed to talk about tea when I'm clearly a coffee person. It's like asking a cat lover to talk about how great dogs are.
Any serious tips on tea drinking will be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment